PRIVACY NOTICE – QUEENDOM OF FIFE
This is privacy notice of the Queendom of Fife.
We respect your privacy and are determined to protect your personal data. The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you as to how we look after your personal data.
What is the purpose of this privacy notice?
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you take part in a competition, sign up to a newsletter or purchase a product or service.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
The Queendom of Fife website is hosted by WordPress.
The site also includes an e-commerce platform which is used should you choose to purchase a Business Membership Package.
Cara Forrester is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as the Queendom of Fife, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
For all data matters you can contact us by email at email@example.com
Third-party links outside of our control
This website may include links to third-party websites, social media sites, plug-ins and applications in articles on the site. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can find out more about personal data from the Information Commissioners Office.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes: FIRST NAME/LAST NAME
- Contact Data includes: PAYMENT INFORMATION/BILLING ADDRESS/DELIVERY ADDRESS/EMAIL ADDRESS/ TELEPHONE NUMBERS.
WE ALSO COLLECT, USE AND SHARE AGGREGATED DATA SUCH AS STATISTICAL OR DEMOGRAPHIC DATA FOR ANY PURPOSE. AGGREGATED DATA MAY BE DERIVED FROM YOUR PERSONAL DATA BUT IS NOT CONSIDERED PERSONAL DATA IN LAW AS THIS DATA DOES NOT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY REVEAL YOUR IDENTITY. FOR EXAMPLE, WE MAY AGGREGATE YOUR USAGE DATA TO CALCULATE THE PERCENTAGE OF USERS ACCESSING A SPECIFIC WEBSITE FEATURE. HOWEVER, IF WE COMBINE OR CONNECT AGGREGATED DATA WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA SO THAT IT CAN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IDENTIFY YOU, WE TREAT THE COMBINED DATA AS PERSONAL DATA WHICH WILL BE USED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Directly. You may give us your IDENTITY, CONTACT AND FINANCIAL DATA by filling in forms online on the Queendom of Fife website or through Survey Monkey, via email or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you
- Apply for our products or services;
- Create an account on our website;
- Subscribe to our service or publications;
- Take part in a promotion or competition;
- Request marketing to be sent to you.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Performance of Contract this means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Legitimate Interest this means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation this means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data.
We will use your contact details to get in touch with you if you’ve won a competition or promotion.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us OR IF YOU PROVIDED US WITH YOUR DETAILS WHEN YOU ENTERED A COMPETITION OR REGISTERED FOR A PROMOTION and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Queendom of Fife.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing Cara Forrester firstname.lastname@example.org
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of A PRODUCT/SERVICE PURCHASE, PRODUCT OR SERVICE EXPERIENCE OR OTHER TRANSACTIONS.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data. Employees will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable 9i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact Cara Forrester email@example.com
No fee required – with some exceptions
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
10. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
11. QUERIES, REQUESTS OR CONCERNS
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in relation to this policy or any other data protection matter between you and us, please in the first instance contact Cara Forrester at firstname.lastname@example.org